Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen within the institution: Assistant Registrar, Human Resources (1 Post)
2.1 Assistant Registrar, Human Resources (1 Post)
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. GENERAL MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
• Ensuring timely processing of advertisements for vacant posts;
• Preparing offers of appointment on behalf of the Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs;
• Processing leave forms and records for members of staff;
• Coordinating and servicing University committee meetings;
• Processing resignations, retirements, promotion/upgrading and extension/termination of contracts for staff members on fixed term contracts;
• Facilitating the confirmation of tenure and performance appraisal for staff;
• Handling employee grievances;
• Facilitating training and development of staff;
• Handling staff welfare issues;
• Facilitating performance appraisal for staff;
• Supervision of junior staff in the department;
• Servicing staff disciplinary hearing meetings.
2. RECORD MANAGEMENT
• Maintaining staff records including the generation of staff statistics and monthly Human Resources reports;
• Maintaining historical records for staff
3. POLICY FORMULATION AND IMPLEMENTATION
• Managing and implementing human resources policies and procedures, including drafting the policies and compilation and communication of existing policies to stakeholders;
• Ensuring that academic staff members on study leave comply with the Staff Development policy;
• Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications And Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have at least a Masters degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Industrial Psychology, Law or equivalent plus two (2) years relevant post qualification working experience or a relevant first degree plus four (4) years relevant post qualification working experience. An IPMZ Diploma/ qualification in Labour Law or equivalent will be an added advantage. In addition, applicants must have five (5) Ordinary level passes including English Language.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• Ability to use independent judgment and take initiative;
• Should be mature, hardworking, reliable, responsible and prepared to work overtime;
• Sound analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of team;
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Ability to maintain employee confidence and protect Human Resources Operations by keeping personnel data confidential at all times;
• Ability to provide customer service even when under deadline and other pressure;
• Knowledge of issues and best practices in Human Resources procedures and methods in an academic environment is preferable;
• Excellent computer skills; and
• Experience in delivering presentations or facilitating training to small groups;
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applications inclusive of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full details of names, date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees must be emailed to email@example.com as a single PDF file.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235
The closing date for receipt of applications is 04 March, 2022.