The SME Association of Zimbabwe is seeking a full-time Communication and Events Coordinator for our Harare, Zimbabwe office. Applicants must be dynamic, energetic and results-oriented, and able to manage our small and large events along with our communications strategy. Our events occur both on and off site, as well as online.
The Communication and Events Coordinator will oversee all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events along with establishing and maintaining a robust communications strategy including setting up a weekly online newsletter, attending and reporting on events of a topical nature for SMEs, managing social media pages and platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp etc) as well as overseeing general marketing and social media activity.
The SME Association of Zimbabwe provides support services to start-up, small and medium sized enterprises, and also represents and advocates on behalf of SMEs to various government ministries, agencies, local authorities and other similar stakeholders.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the Association’s mission as stated above, and will also be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously with a positive attitude.
Duties And Responsibilities
Responsibilities for the Communication and Events Coordinator include:
• Organizing and executing the Association’s events such as the year-end awards ceremony, symposiums and exhibitions.
• Setting up and maintaining a strong communications strategy for the Association, with emphasis on online digital, social media and website marketing.Organizing and executing all networking events as well as general meetings for the Association
Qualifications And Experience
• At least three years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
• Previous office and event planning experience a must.
• Able to multitask and engage stakeholders at all levels.
• Degree or diploma in journalism, mass communication, marketing or similar discipline.
• Strong communication skills with a positive and energetic attitude.
• Excellent digital marketing/social media skills.
• Dependable and reliable
• Flexibility to work evening and weekend as needed for events.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application via this link: https://www.optimizehire.org/apply-job?i=Nzcx and select the Communication and Events Coordinator (Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe) position from
Job Opening drop-down menu. Have your CV ready to upload, and about 10 minutes to take a pre-employment assessment.
For more information about our organisation, please visit our web site at https://www.smeaz.org.zw/. We are an equal opportunity employer.