Presby Innovations, the Investment arm of the Uniting Presbyterian Church of Southern Africa is inviting applications for the below mentioned position.
Job Title: Farm Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Reporting staff: Section Supervisors
Location: Gloag Ranch, 70 km from Bulawayo
Background & job purpose:
We are an upcoming Canola and Diary Farm in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, and have exciting plans for the continued growth of our production and distribution platforms.
This position oversees the effective and first-class development of our canola/soya beans/diary farming, and the continuous performance improvement and development of existing operations.
Duties And Responsibilities
• General farm operations management – drive quality KPI’s, unit volumes and costs,
• Drive development of all supporting infrastructure ( irrigation & fertigation, packhouses, electrical, housing and other infrastructure)
• Drive ongoing continuous improvement, focusing on detail around quality, volumes and yields: –
• Production planning
• Irrigation and water management
• Bunch care
• Pest, weed and disease control
• Harvesting operations
• Packing operations
• Recruiting, leading, planning and developing capacity depth and first-class operational team at all levels throughout the operations,
• Attention to detailed operations systems and SOPs; – to drive productivity and quality, and crop planning from field through to packhouse and delivery to customers,
• Production of regular projections on expected production levels for marketing & logistics,
• Drive adoption of global best practices and benchmarks with local innovation,
• Manage & ensure that all assets are accounted for, and are in good working condition,
Plan & manage the interaction with the procurement function to ensure quality & adequate supplies, to effectively support operations,
• Effective stakeholder management through team leadership & cohesiveness in all farm activities,
• Closely guard reputation and integrity of the business.
Qualifications And Experience
Skills and competencies:
• Canola or related crop and diary farming technical expertise
• Confident and open team player,
• Strong leadership capacity, with high impact and influence with the ability to develop and maintain a high potential team,
• Strong attention to detail,
• High degree of accuracy,
• Proactive and entrepreneurial bent, with proven high agency and ability to make things happen,
• Curious and demanding of new knowledge and its transfer,
• Proven ability to build and mentor outstanding and growing individuals.
• Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and any agriculture specific applications.
• A strong university degree /Diploma from a reputable organization in a relevant subject.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant context, including at management level.
• Supervisory/Management level in canola or related industry,
• Demonstrated strategic, hands–on experience in initiating and taking operations to world class standards.
How To Apply
email your application (CV only) to firstname.lastname@example.org