Job exists to provide independent assurance, consulting services and investigations on PSH and partners’ risk
management, governance, internal control processes and safeguards that are in place to protect assets and ensure
Duties And Responsibilities
• Participates in the development of the Risk Management policy and framework.
• Conducts first line review of risk register updates and supports coordination the submission/update of the risk registers.
• Facilitates identification of key risk areas via departmental risk champions within the organization and proposes documentation of appropriate controls to mitigate the risks and any further actions needed.
• Analyses and performs risk assessments.
• Promotes awareness of PSH fraud and ethics policy requirements.
• Provides training to staff on risk management operations.
• Develops risk-based audit plans detailing the scope, nature, and timing of audit activities.
• Plans and develops the audit scoping memo for each audit assignment that details the scope, nature of tests, documents to be reviewed and timelines of the assignment.
• Determines the resourcing requirements for audit assignments.
• Participates in audit opening meetings with Departmental Heads and Managers and discusses the audit scoping memo clarifying the purpose of the audit and expectations of the parties.
• Performs audit procedures to gain an understanding of the process being audited through interviews, research on best practices and review of documents and policies.
• Performs walkthrough procedures to understand the system and confirms it is operating as documented or as represented by management.
• Performs audit procedures to assess effective implementation of controls and adherence to regulatory framework and PSH and funder policies.
• Performs spot checks on the integrity of data produced by PSH and partners’ various information sources.
• Benchmarks PSH processes with leading or best practices.
• Documents audit evidence on appropriate working papers and as Auditor in charge ensures team members of assignments led do the same.
• Collates and is the first reviewer of all required audit documentation from the beginning to the end of assignments led ensuring completeness, accuracy, and compliance with International Auditing Standards
• Confirms audit observations with line managers during the audit.
• Participates in audit exit meetings with the Head of Internal Audit to discuss findings and recommendations with the auditees.
• Recommends corrective action to address the issues noted.
• Develops an issues list for every department based on the Internal Audit, Global Internal Audit and External Audit Reports.
• Monitors the timely and adequate implementation of audit recommendations.
• Performs investigation procedures on reported and identified cases of fraud as directed by management and the Head of Internal Audit.
• Quantifies the magnitude of loss suffered by PSH as a result of fraud and unethical conduct.
• Maintains high levels of confidentiality and professionalism during and after investigations
Qualifications And Experience
• Degree or professional qualification in Audit/ accounting.
• Proficiency with spreadsheets and word processing, preferably advance excel spread sheets.
• 3 years relevant work experience preferably in an International NGO/Donor Funded Organization.
• Familiarity with automated accounting systems such as QuickBooks.
• Knowledge of IIA Standards and GAAP governing not-for-profit organizations a distinct advantage.
• Proven ability to work with tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated strong moral and ethical foundation to disclose potentially illegal and unethical activities.
• Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel throughout the country
How To Apply
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for, under view more information about the job.
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to email@example.com