2. Reporting to: Project Coordinator
3. Project summary: FACT‘s livelihood project intends to empower young people in rural wards of Nyanga district with opportunities for livelihood initiatives, selfemployment and capacitating them with business management skills. Young people will be involved through a participatory approach to decide on livelihood interventions that suit them most, with the support of church and community leaders through the church and community transformation (CCT) process. The livelihood activities will largely focus on improving their farming/horticultural information and skills as well as other income-generating activities using the Self Help Group approach. To minimize the effects of climate change, the project will adopt climate-sensitive farming methods such as minimum tillage, mulching, the use of renewable energy for drawing irrigation water, and the adoption of organic farming.
Duties And Responsibilities
4. Roles and responsibilities:
• The LFO will be responsible for the overall rollout of livelihood activities in selected wards of the Nyanga district, ensuring project activities and milestones are well met.
• Work closely with relevant government ministries who will provide technical support during project implementation.
• Conduct Community mobilisation and training on farming/horticulture.
• Establish and monitor Self Help Groups.
• Develop project material and compile project reports and impact stories.
• Mobilising churches in the community to provide holistic ministry for their communities, through the church and community transformation (CCT) process.
• Supervise and should be able to work with community volunteers.
• Conduct monitoring and verification visits to project sites as well as update beneficiary database.
• The LFO is key in reducing the livelihood vulnerability of households and increasing their resilience to future shocks.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience
• At least a Diploma/Bachelor degree in Agriculture, agriculture economics, or any other related field from a recognized institution of learning.
• Specialized experience in working with savings groups.
• At least 2 years relevant experience in community development focusing on sustainable livelihood approaches, project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
• The incumbent must demonstrate experience of working with caregivers, young people and the socially excluded members of the community.
• Exhibit strong training; analytic; computer and report writing skills.
• The ability to ride a motorbike is an advantage
How To Apply
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to email@example.com by 24 February 2022. Please write – Livelihood Field Officer on the subject of your email.
FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may come into contact with. The organization’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
FACT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified.