We are looking for vibrant and dynamic individuals to fill the above positions.
Reporting to the Mechanisation Manager, the incumbents will be responsible for the supervision of the tractors and combine harvesters’ operators, the care and maintenance of the fleet and all tillage operations.
Duties And Responsibilities
The incumbents’ key responsibilities shall include but not limited to: –
• Managing the routine care and maintenance of tractors and combine harvester fleet.
• Providing weekly reports on fleet maintenance.
• Verifying the analyzed tractor and combine logbooks and reconcile with the satellite tracking system and the work plans.
• Scrutinizing and making necessary recommendations on each logbook of the machinery and updating fleet register/files of all machinery – such as recording mileage, fuel receipts, servicing, insurance, registration, repairs, accidents, other incidents.
• Ensuring that the daily driver’s schedule is available and updated.
• Compiling and sending fleet report monthly.
• Facilitating refueling and repair of vehicles as and when need arises.
• Monitoring the cost expenditure for the fleet and equipment in liaison with the finance department.
• Collecting necessary tillage information or requirements through Scheme Managers, Estate Managers, Sales and Marketing for deployment of machinery.
• Carrying out field assessment before dispatch of machinery.
• Monitoring and supervising the drivers and ensure that employee duties are carried out effectively and efficiently.
• Providing timely technical advice, guidance, and support to the field staff on all and logistical issues
.Preparing accurate and timely reports and to carry out any other relevant duty as requested by the Fleet Manager.
• Attending to break downs to reduce idle time.
• Ensuring equipment is serviced on time according to maintenance schedule.
• Daily tracking of hectarage serviced and ensuring assets are fully utilized achieving set targets per machine.
Qualifications And Experience
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• Applicant must have at least a Diploma in Agricultural Engineering OR equivalent.
• A minimum of 1-year practical experience.
• Experience in agricultural vehicle tracking is an added advantage.
• Highly proficient in common computer packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) relevant to the work.
• Working knowledge and understanding of agriculture policies, rules, and regulations.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision.
• Paying attention to detail is an essential advantage.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their Application Letters clearly indicating the position applied for together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of Certificates by not later than 26 February 2022 to: email@example.com