Reporting to: Team Leader
3. Purpose of the position: Job exists to provide comprehensive Nurse Aide services, assisting in procedures to clients and ensure that infection control processes are maintained within the program.
Duties And Responsibilities
4. Roles and responsibilities:
1. Infection Prevention and Control
• Cleans and damps dusts all rooms in the facility using recommended disinfectant.
• Prepares beds.
• Packs and autoclaves procedure packs and accessories.
• Sluices linen.
• Cleans windows.
• Mops the floors.
• Collects used /dirty instruments from different consultation rooms.
• Maintains accurate strength of disinfection solutions all the time.
• Disinfects, cleans, and dry the instruments according to set guidelines.
• Prepares linen and dressing towel ready for processing sterile packs.
• Collects and sort dirty / used linen from the consultation rooms.
• Socks soiled linen in sodium hypochlorite or equivalent solution.
• Washes and iron clean linen.
• Folds and pack linen in the linen cupboard.
• Replaces hand washing soap in all washing basins to enhance infection control.
• Maintains colour coding system e.g., bin liners, sharp containers.
• Promotes waste disposal by placing used bin liners in appropriate cubicles in the waste disposal cage.
2. Storage and Distributing of Packs
• Makes sterile packs according to specification for example IUCD, Jadelle, VIAC, dressing packs and label with name, date, and sign.
• Autoclaves different packs according to specification of the autoclaving machine.
• Store the packs in labelled dry shelves.
• Distributes sterile packs in different service areas according to requirements/usage.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience
• 5 O levels
• Nurse Aide Training
• Good Communication skills
• 1-year relevant working experience
How To Apply
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to email@example.com : not later than 24 February 2022. Please write – NURSE AIDE on the subject of your email.
– FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact with. The organization’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
– FACT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, colour, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Shortlisting will be on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.