City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in the Department of Works.
GRADE : 6
REPORTING TO : CHIEF TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION PLANNER
Responsible for management of vehicular parking requirements and operations, research and development of parking and transportation issues, road and road infrastructure designing.
Duties And Responsibilities
KEY RESULT AREAS
Implements traffic control measures in the City.
• Writes Traffic and Transportation reports to Council.
• Supervises researches on traffic and transportation issues.
• Supervises public transport and issuance of route permits.
• Supervises parking operations.
• Staff development and performance management within the context of IRBM.
Qualifications And Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning or related field.
• A Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or related field will be an added advantage
• Four years post qualification experience appropriate to the discipline.
• Membership to a relevant Institute.
• Clean Class 4 Driver’s licence.
NOTE: DESIRED COMP ETENCES FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
High level of leadership and integrity
Ability to manage stakeholders.
Critical thinking and paying attention to detail.
Excellent project management skills.
How To Apply
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Applications clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for, shall be addressed to The Human Capital Director, City of Harare, P 0 Box 1680, Harare, OR hand delivered to Records Office, Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare, not later than 18 February 2022.