We are looking for a vibrant and dynamic individual to fill the above position.
Reporting to the Head-Procurement, the incumbent takes the responsibility for the procurement and logistics management functions of the organisation. The Procurement Officer’s duties include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
Duties And Responsibilities
The incumbent’s key responsibilities shall include but not limited to: –
▪ Implementation of the procurement activities of the company.
▪ Securing the adoption of the appropriate method of procurement.
▪ Preparation of Bidding Documents in compliance with provisions in or under the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act.
▪ Preparation of Bid Notices and Short-lists.
▪ Co-coordinating the bidding process, including pre-bidding Meetings, clarifications, and the receipt and opening of Bids.
▪ Supervision of the company’s Evaluation Committee.
▪ Preparation of Evaluation Reports including Contract Award Recommendations.
▪ Timely submission of Evaluation Reports to the Head-Procurement.
▪ Drafting of Contract Documents.
▪ Preparation of Procurement Reports to the Head-Procurement.
▪ Coordination and facilitation of the procurement requirements of the company in line with the Procurement Policy Guidelines.
▪ Pre-qualification of suppliers as provided in the procurement policy.
▪ Compliance with procurement procedures.
▪ Ensuring healthy relationships with Suppliers.
▪ Liaison with Government Authorities and provision of logistical support in coordinating deliveries of supplies and in obtaining customs clearance for imported goods.
▪ Preparation of documentation and draft correspondence for Duty and Tax Exemption Certificates and ensuring timely submissions to the Head-Procurement.
Qualifications And Experience
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
▪ Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
▪ Diploma in procurement and supply from CIPS. A holder of CPA (1) will be an added advantage.
▪ At least three years’ experience in a similar role.
▪ Computer applications in Excel, Word and in particular Procurement Management Information system such Oracle i-Procurement, SAP and ERP.
• Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands.
• A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multicultural setting.
• Excellent knowledge of computer applications.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Adherence to company values which are Excellency, Commitment, Integrity, teamwork, and Innovativeness.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their Application Letters clearly indicating the position applied for together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certified Copies of Certificates by not later than 30 January 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org