An exciting opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified and self-driven individuals in one of the leading FMCG in Zimbabwe to fill in the positions of Specialists (Bakery, Deli, Fruit & Veg, and Butchery). The successful candidates will be responsible for driving business performance and achievement of set profit targets through the effective & efficient application of internal business processes in the Service Departments, and demonstration of effective people management skills to satisfy and exceed customer needs and expectations. These roles requires hands on individuals with proven experience in the respective service departments.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Develop initiatives and strategies that assist the store to achieve its set revenue and Gross Profit contribution targets.
• Implement measures to ensure the effective utilization of Service Department equipment to maximize productivity at the least possible cost.
• Apply contemporary research methods and develop appropriate products to suit the growing customer needs and expectations.
• Develop and ensure the effective implementation of mechanisms and controls aimed to maintain consistency in product quality across the retail chain.
• Analyze customer buying patterns, understand seasonal trends, predict future trends and assist Departmental Head of Departments in preparing daily production plans.
• Guide the Service Departments Head of Departments in conducting product costing.
• Design technical training interventions and conduct regular training & coaching sessions in liaison with the Learning & Development Department.
• Conduct regular competitor analysis and advise on appropriate strategies to counter competition.
• Advise on required service delivery standards for the Service Departments across all the retail chain.
• Monitor adherence to SOPs relating to the respective department by all stores.
• Review and advise on Service Departments business models and business processes to enhance service efficiency and excellent service delivery
Qualifications And Experience
The ideal person must possess the following:
• Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Food Science/Food Technology/Tourism & Hospitality/Food & Beverage Management
• Diploma in Bakery/Professional Cookery/Culinary Arts
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the distinct profession preferably in a retail setup.
How To Apply
Candidates who possess the qualifications and experience should send their detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Specialist in the subject line not later than Thursday 24th February 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.