To supervise ServiceDesk management, coordinate system changes guided by the business requirements and ICT policy and coordinate problem and incident management as per ITIL framework.
Duties And Responsibilities
Service Desk Management
• Effectively supervises the ServiceDesk system
• Formally documents Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements
• Ensures SLA target breaches are highlighted, investigated, and managed when producing
service reports for each business functional area.
• Communicates effectively and supports Technology Services Delivery manager to ensure
that quality end-to-end service is maintained
• Ensures that all processes used by the ServiceDesk are thoroughly documented,
consistently audited, and regularly improved.
• Ensures that queries logged on the ServiceDesk are promptly assigned for resolution
• Follows up on any open tickets to minimize SLA violations and ensure optimal query
• Conducts and shares results for the ServiceDesk service and operation performance
reviews with Technology Service Delivery Manager
• Works closely with all relevant stakeholders, including the support desk team, customers,
and other teams that are involved in ServiceDesk operations
• Reviews all requests for service, clarifies requirements and assigns to responsible IT team
member where necessary
Change and Release Management
• Ensures that resource requirements for system changes are available during core hours and that standby support is available out of hours
• Communicates the downtime of core services to Service Delivery manager to ensure minimal disruption to service delivery
Ensures the maintenance of any associated release or change documentation and processes
• Coordinates the CAB and e-CAB meetings in consultation with Security & Governance
• Ensures that the appropriate governance is in place to provide successful delivery of all
changes in consultation with Security & Governance
• Escalates, where required, following a change or release
• Coordinates relevant IT personnel to recover services as quickly as possible in the event
of a failed service affecting change
• Ensures that retrospective changes are raised and approved in consultation with
Security & Governance
Incident and Problem Management
• Coordinates the prioritization and escalation of major production incidents
• Coordinates the hosting of Major Incident calls towards driving fast incident resolution.
• Coordinates the hosting of Major Problem Review calls to determine root cause and
action plan towards preventing problem recurrence.
• Documents all Major Incidents from escalation to resolution and Major Problems from
root cause investigation to permanent problem resolution and closure.
• Ensures that the most critical incidents are addressed timely and successfully restored in
consultation with Service Delivery Manager
• Coordinates major incident service restoration and problem management activities by
leveraging technical knowledge of systems supported
• Consolidates all information required for reports for management
• Ensures timely submission of all Service Delivery related reports to line manager
• Maintains repository of ServiceDesk documentation for audit and reference purposes
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Degree in Computer Science (or a related technical field) or equivalent relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies:
• Additional IT qualifications are an added advantage
• IT literate with strong experience of working with
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software • Understanding of ITIL practices
• Ability to prioritise workload to effectively meet deadlines
• Proactive with independent working skills
• Detail oriented
• Conscientious and hardworking individual willing
to take responsibility for ensuring activities are
completed in the required time frame
• Ability to work with tight deadlines and able to
deal with several issues at once
• Good conflict resolution and stress management
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Flexible to work long hours as required to meet
• Strong teamwork background
• Ability to work with detailed information in a
Job Related Knowledge
• Knowledge of the use of the ServiceDesk System a must
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching all your academic certificates and National ID with the Heading: “Senior Analyst – Service Delivery.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 04 March 2022 1630hrs.