Are you ready to apply your knowledge and background to exciting new challenges? From learning to leadership, this is your chance to take your career to the next level. Baker Tilly provides audit, consulting. financial advisory. risk management. tax. legal and other related services to public and private clients spanning various industries through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 147 countries. An opportunity has arisen at Baker Tilly Chartered Accountants (Zimbabwe) to train exceptional, bright and enthusiastic people to become tomorrow’s business leaders.
Tax Consultant — Harare Office
Duties And Responsibilities
• Prepare and review tax planning for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
• Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
Prepare income tax for business entities.
• Prepare individual income tax returns.
• Conduct tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions
• Respond to ZIMRA audits, inquiries and tax notices. Communicate with ZIMRA and clients in connection with audits. inquiries, and taxes.
• Communicate directly with existing clients. colleagues, management and ZIMRA representatives regarding various tax matters.
• Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to meeting with prospective clients. preparing fee quotes and proposals and evaluating clients’ needs.
• Manage tax provision and tax compliance process.
• Manage and coordinate tax audits. Maintain tax balances on general ledger.
• Prepare all tax papers on regular basis and handle all information data requests.
• Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
• Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws a. regulations within time frame.
Qualifications And Experience
Education & Qualifications:
• Degree in Accounting. Fiscal Studies. Business Studies
• Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant. Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer or Tax Consultant
• Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
• 2+ years of experience in the same position
• Familiarity with accounting software packages
• Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
For all the above position we require:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and time management skills
• Strong numeracy skills
• Keen attention to detail
How To Apply
Please send your application letter and CV with three contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit on or before 25 February 2022 by 4pm.