The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance ElectronicLearning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for vacant positions that have arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
Women candidates and differently abled persons are encouraged to apply
Duties And Responsibilities
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Banking and preparing schedules of cash banked;
• Updating, maintaining and reconciling Petty Cashbook;
• Preparing weekly Income and Expenditure reports;
• Processing Part Time Tutors’ claims and preparing schedules;
• Preparing budgets for the Regional activities;
• Attending to students’ financial queries;
• Recording and filing financial documents;
• Receipting of cash;
• Processing of invoices and payments;
• Data capturing of payments;
• Reconciling creditors statements and attending to suppliers’ payment queries;
• Preparing purchase orders and requisitions;
• Preparing journals for the Department;
• Advising students of fees structure, checking and costing registration forms; and
• Any other duties as may be delegated by the Regional Administrator.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of a Certificate in Accounting; and
• A minimum of one (1) year post qualification experience.
How To Apply
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows:
• in PDF format as a single document to: email@example.com
• as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
Applications should be received not later than 19 February 2022.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to
Cnr Samora Machel and Leopold Takawira Street