Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
The Accounting officer also provide the company with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Documenting financial transactions by entering accurate accounting information.
• Analyzing and Recommending financial actions..
• Substantiating financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guiding accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
• Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Maintaining financial security by following internal controls.
• Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Complying with state regulations(NSSA,ZIMRA,ZIMDEF,NEC) by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Preparing special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintaining customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Preparing financial statements on a timely basis
• Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Ensure timely bank payments
• Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
• Audit financial transactions and documents
• Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
• Comply with financial policies and regulations
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications And Experience
• BCom in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
• Additional certification (ACCA or CIMA) is a plus
• Previous practical experience in the financial services sector
• Work experience as an Accountant
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Hands-on experience with QuickBooks accounting software
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Experience with general ledger functions
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
How To Apply
Send your Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org