Reports to: Airport Manager
Location: Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans, sets up and implements Airport maintenance programmes to ensure the department achieves its mandate efficiently and effectively.
• Establishes work schedules based on the Preventive Maintenance requirements.
• Performs structural inspections on Airport buildings and facilities.
• Plans, schedules and coordinates all Airport Airfield maintenance works and projects.
• Inspects and maintains Runways, Taxiways, Aprons, and Pavements, Airport signage’s, access roads, fireguards and perimeter fence.
• Plans, schedules and coordinates all Airport water and sewer reticulation system maintenance works and projects.
• Ensures all plumbing systems are maintained properly and inspected on regular basis.
• Plans, schedules and implements Airport grounds maintenance works such as grass cutting, clearing of anti-hills, bush clearing, Airfield markings and signs.
• Supervises and monitors works by contractors to ensure standards and safety regulations are adhered to.
• Compiles work estimates and costing for construction works and maintenance works.
• Co-ordinates and liaises with other departments on their maintenance requirements.
• Sets up of safety and healthy standards and
procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
• Sets up an asset register and spares inventory.
• Manages the Airport Maintenance Stores.
• Supervises Maintenance team and contractors working at the Airport.• Produces daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Airport Manager.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Skills
• Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering with at least five (5) years working experience.
• Qualification in Supervisory Management is an added advantage.
• Must have computer Literacy skills.
• Clean Class 4 Driver’s license is a must
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit application letters, copies of updated Curriculum Vitaes and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to:
The Acting Human Resources Manager
Airports Company of Zimbabwe (Private) Limited 3rd level, International Building
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25 March 2022. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.