Who We Are?
With over 20 years of experience, PSI/Zimbabwe now registered as Population Solutions for Health is looking for candidates who hold the requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the exciting position below.
1. Anti-Child Marriages Communications Specialist – Head Office*1 (Full Time)
Job exists to coordinate the design and development of SAFE- Child Marriages communication interventions to support PSH’s community implementation. The incumbent will engage and work with community leaders to raise awareness of the negative effects of child marriages on girls and to condemn such gender norms.
Duties And Responsibilities
Your Contribution – Key Responsibilities.
• Assists in the development of client centered communication strategies to increase knowledge around antichild marriages.
• Develops marketing & communication plans for the Anti – child marriages communications response.
• Generates internal and external reports to track progress towards achievement of workplans.
Works closely with field demand creation teams to integrate anti-child marriages messages in other programs targeting girls, parents and men and boys.
Works closely with all relevant stakeholders in the implementing district, such as the Ministry of Women’s Affairs, to integrate anti-child marriages messages in their programs targeting girls, parents and men and boys.
• Represents PSH marketing in stakeholders’ forums.
• Develops the Anti-Child Marriages annual marketing budget to fund supported activities on mass, digital, and social media and at community level.
• Tracks and reviews the project’s marketing expenditures to ensure that all activities are within the budget.
• Facilitates the timely disbursement of funds to support the community mobilization activities.
• Coordinates the insight gathering and design process to co-develop client centered interventions to create knowledge on the negative impact of child marriages among parents, men and boys, community leaders and other stakeholders.
• Works closely with community leaders and other stakeholders to raise awareness of the issue and create dialogue against child marriages at community level.
• Conducts training for community leaders and other influencers to build their capacity to engage the community against child marriages.
• Works with AGYW to raise awareness of their rights against child marriages and with boys and men to become allies and champions against the practice.
• Provides coaching / mentorship to strengthen PSH mobilizing structures to integrate adopt anti child marriages messages in programs working with girls and men and boys.
• Coordinates the advocacy activities to engage community leaders, the media, and other key stakeholders to ensure buy in of the anti- child marriages response.
• Work with the creative agency, to co-design communications campaigns, job aids and toolkits for the antichild marriage response.
• Supports the design of M&E tools for use by community mobilizing structures during the execution of their tasks thereby providing timely data necessary for decision making.
• Works with SIE team to analyze data to identify anti-child marriage response communication gaps and tailor make responses.
• Conducts data quality checks of IPC data submitted every month.
Qualifications And Experience
What are we looking for?
• Degree in Health, Social Sciences, and/or Marketing.
• MPH/MBA will be an added advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience in Gender/HIV/AIDS programming, brand management and/or marketing communications.
• Experience working in communities at grass roots level is an added advantage.
• Clean class 4 drivers’ license, at least 2 years old.
How To Apply
How to apply?
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for by clicking view more information button below
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to email@example.com
All Applications should be shared not later than March 15, 2022.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.