An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, mature, educated and highly motivated individual to join GreenFuel (Pty Ltd), a 10,000 hectare irrigated sugar cane estate in the Zimbabwean Lowveld. The incumbent will report directly to the General Manager Agriculture.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Supervise all section managers under his/her area of control monitoring daily activities and adhering to set standards.
2. Plans, directs and controls all crop husbandry practices to maximise cane yields.
3. Sets goals, provides technical support and training for all member in his/her department.
4. Budgets, controls and coordinates all machinery, chemical, irrigation and labour requirements within his/her area.
5. Liaises with the agronomy department to ensure all pest, disease and weed control management programmes are executed, and all agricultural inputs are supplied timeously.
6. Does crop estimating, irrigation scheduling, harvesting and ripening plans, organises and controls all resources, including time management, record keeping and staff supervision.
Has the ability to improve standards, set objectives, and achieve set targets and long term goals by motivating people and leading by example.
Qualifications And Experience
• Degree in Agriculture/Bsc Hons in Agriculture from a recognized institution OR any qualification equivalent.
• SASA Senior certificate in Sugar Cane or any equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing > 3000ha of irrigated sugarcane.
• Leadership, budgeting and managerial skills are a requirement.
• Motivator in team building to ensure success.
• Computer literate.
• Valid driving license.
How To Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should email CV and certified copies of relevant documents not later than 4th February 2022 to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org