To ensure accuracy, adequacy and quality of sales and inventory data is properly recorded and tracked in the system according to policies and procedures as well as performing general accounting functions.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Reviews and checks if invoice(s) posted are to the correct customers, with correct products, correct prices (Daily).
• Provides technical support to sales agents on Mobile DAS system related issues (Daily).
• Monitors of Temporary credits account for sales agents and following up on payments (weekly).
• Verifies of submission of invoices (Weekly).
• Reviews and checks if sales revenue is booked to the correct donor in the correct period in both systems Lawson and QuickBooks (Weekly).
• Ensures that all sales accounting and inventory documents are properly filed (Weekly).
• Creates new and add new customers in Lawson and QuickBooks systems (Ad Hoc)
• Coordinates updating and posting of accounts receivables, billing, and inventory control sub- ledgers before posted to general ledger (Weekly).
Undertakes the reconciliation of Inventory control & Account Receivable sub ledger to General ledger (Monthly).
• Undertakes the closure of Billing and inventory control modules (Monthly).
• Prepares and uploads of sales clearing journals in Lawson. (Monthly).
• Assigns and monitors distribution of work amongst sales accounting assistants (Daily – Weekly).
• Carriers out regular capacity building on individuals on sales accounting manual (Ad Hoc).
• Puts in place leave plans for sales accounting assistance to ensure smooth workflow (Daily).
• Manages performance and discipline for the team (Daily).
• Participates in the orientation of new employees (sales agents and sales assistants) on sales accounting policies and procedures manual (Ad Hoc).
• Attends to queries related to sales accounting assistants’ issues (Ad Hoc).
• Implements weekly targets to achieve monthly data entry targets (Weekly).
Trains all staff to ensure the team has the relevant skills for all sales accounting processes (Ad Hoc).
• Attends queries from Head Office and various departments regarding sales accounting issues for inventory and sales (Daily – Weekly).
• Provides guidance and on data extraction and analysis from the management information system (MIS) and Lawson to various departments (Ad Hoc).
• Works with MIS department on the development of various reports and new reports on programmes activities for health impact (Ad Hoc).
• Works with supply chain, sales department, and various departments on ways to ensure new item codes are distributed and tracking modalities are implemented (Ad Hoc).
• Assists in preparation of audit exercise from internal and external auditors (Ad Hoc).
• Assists on any other duties assigned by management accountant (Ad Hoc).
• Monitors weekly submissions and checks whether polices are adhered on recording sales invoices, submission of sales documents, credit sales, temporary credits, stock movements and banking (Daily -Weekly).
• Raises requisitions for finance department (ad hoc).
• Plans, coordinates, conducts physical inventory counts (Quarterly).
• Allocates duties to finance personnel on physical inventory count processes (Quarterly)
• Manages preparation of inventory count processes with sales accounting assistants (Quarterly).
• Responsible for collecting, assessing, and reviewing of stock reconciliations for accuracy and adjustments (Quarterly).
• Updates inventory count variances (Quarterly).
• Prepares inventory reports after stock count and present them to the Senior Accountant (Quarterly.
• Posts credit Invoices to statements (Daily).
• Processes application of payments to credit sales invoices in both systems Lawson and QuickBooks (Daily).
• Follows up on payments and managing Aging report (Daily).
• Undertakes reconciliation of Lawson and QuickBooks on credit customer account balances (Weekly).
• Prepares and dispatches of statements to credit customers (Monthly).
• Manages debtors’ reconciliations with credit customers (Monthly).
• Facilitates reference checking of credit account application for credit customers (Ad Hoc).
• Facilitates reference checking of credit account application for credit customers. (Ad Hoc).
• Posts of VCT client fees manual Invoices in Lawson (Daily).
• Prepares application of cash deposits of client fees to invoices (Daily).
• Undertakes reconciliation of VCT client fees submitted against paid (Daily).
• Follows ups on submission of VCT client fees deposit slips from New Start Centres (Ad Hoc).
Qualifications And Experience
• Degree in Accounts, Business Studies or equivalent or Full ACCA/ CIS/CIMA or equivalent.
• At least 4 years relevant working experience.
• Very computer conversant (Pastel, QuickBooks, Lawson ERP System, excel/lotus, electronic mail etc.).
How To Apply
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal
opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for, under view more information
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org