Secondary Book Press (FM) Ltd is o leading independent publishing company supplying New Curriculum textbooks for primary and secondary schools in Zimbabwe
Duties And Responsibilities
Secondary Book Press (Pvt) Ltd is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill in the post of Book Development Editor for Humanities specialising in languages including IsiNdebele . The incumbents will report to the Managing Editor. The duties and responsibilities include:
• Proofread and edit spelling, grammar, syntax and style errors in manuscripts.
• Verify content and information.
• Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
• Edit chapters as authors complete them to evaluate style and structure and identify potential problems.
• Fact check manuscripts for historical or technical accuracy.
• Brief authors clearly and in line with the approved concept. work with and support author teams for the duration of the writing period to ensure that content is well written and submitted on time.
Qualifications And Experience
Requirements and qualifications
1. A Bachelors Degree in Education (Primary/Secondary), Arts or related field is preferred.
2. A post graduate trainee certificate where applicable.
3. Proven teaching experience of at least 3 years.
4. Educational publishing experience is on added advantage.
5. Excellent command of IsiNdebele and English language, with attention to detail, quality control and an ability to engage with content on a detailed level.
6. Ability to own and manage multiple. multi-level projects simultaneously to tight deadlines.
7. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is an added advantage
B. Ability to take initiative and work independently.
How To Apply
On offer is a competitive basic salary. sales commission and other benefits. All interested and qualified candidates must email their application, current CVs, copies of educational or professional qualifications to email@example.com on or before 13 March 2022.
Clearly state the POSTION you are applying for in the subject brie of your email”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.