Wanted is a bookkeeper
Duties And Responsibilities
• Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Maintaining financial security by following internal controls.
• Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Complying with state regulations(NSSA,ZIMRA,ZIMDEF,NEC) by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Preparing special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintaining customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Preparing financial statements on a timely basis
• Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Ensure timely bank payments
• Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
• Audit financial transactions and documents
• Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
• Comply with financial policies and regulations
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications And Experience
• BCom in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
• Additional certification (ACCA or CIMA) is a plus
• Previous practical experience in the financial services sector
• Work experience as an Accountant
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Hands-on experience with QuickBooks accounting software
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Experience with general ledger functions
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
How To Apply