Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen within the institution:
2.0 WORKS AND ESTATES DEPARTMENT
2.1 Chief Vehicle Maintenance Technician – (1 Post)
(Re-advertisement, members who applied previously need not reapply)
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Planning, scheduling, coordinating, supervising workshop personnel and occasionally undertaking repairs works in the workshop;
• Attending to more difficult or unusual diagnoses of vehicles and equipment and giving corrective measures;
• Directing the activities of all Artisans in the workshop in their day to day activities;
• Conducting road, field or workshop tests to determine if reported malfunctions or conditions have been corrected;
• Maintaining job work orders; keeping records of labour, materials, parts, supplies and other records necessary in the repair and maintenance process; controlling the release of serviced and repaired vehicles;
• Supervising automotive servicemen engaged in cleaning, servicing and lubricating mechanical equipment; and
• Any other duties as assigned by the Director, Works and Estates.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applications inclusive of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full details of names, date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235