To accelerate COVID-19 vaccination and testing to suitably screened and consenting individuals, according to vaccine administration protocol as part of the standard HIV/SRHR services offer.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Plans and coordinates COVID-19 vaccination mobilization and outreach vaccine service delivery activities on daily, weekly basis.
• Estimates daily vaccine requirements before removing vaccines required from the main storage EPI fridge.
• Builds a targeted COVID-19 outreach and communication plan in your outreach groups.
• Assesses client’s suitability and readiness for vaccination and obtain informed consent.
• Administers COVID-19 Vaccine at the direct site and in the community.
• Provides appropriate emergency management of Adverse Events Following Immunisation (AEFIs).
• Ensures Pre and Post vaccination disposal of clinical waste and cleaning/preparation following waste Management Policy.
• Hotspots mapping for areas to vaccinate and mobilises for vaccination.
• Works with VMMC Officers and cluster team leaders, supervise and mentor the demand generation footprint: EPMs, AGYW and other community health workers.
• Monitors and reporting of adverse events following vaccination.
• Checks vaccine before administration and report any concerns to the team leader and cross-check that vaccine batch numbers are recorded under the correct client.
• Attends on-site/off-site community engagement activities, clinic events, and/or training as need.
• Collects and recording of data into COVID-19 vaccination and testing Registers during service provision.
• Captures of referred clients into referral registers.
• Ensures that the consent forms are properly completed whenever applicable before testing is done.
• Reports accurate and timely vaccination and testing statistics as required daily, weekly, and monthly as required to PSH and local health authorities.
• Documents, reports, and reviews all AEFI accurately and timely.
• Applies appropriate HIV testing modalities and screening tools to minimise unnecessary HIV testing.
• Provides HIV services management and referrals.
• Offers comprehensive SHRH services.
• Promotes cervical cancer screening to all eligible women and conduct cervical cancer screening according to protocol.
Qualifications And Experience
• Nursing Diploma.
• COVID-19 testing, vaccination and case management training
• HIV Testing training, ART training and SRH an added advantage.
• Current registration with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe
How To Apply
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for, under view more information.
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applications should be shared not later than June 22, 2022.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.