A Credit & Debt Recovery Manager supervises a staff of collectors and monitors the way in which they handle phone calls and the letters they send to make sure the entire process operates in compliance with local laws. He/she develops Credit, recovery and write off policies for Board review and approval. As a Business Analyst, he/she prepares financial reports to Executive management, tracks financial KPIs and business performance, prepares risk-based pricing models for sustainability of the business.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Oversees a company’s process of retrieving money owed to them or one of their clients.
• Manages the employees who collect the money.
• Handles complaints or difficult calls.
• Makes sure employees comply with company policies when contacting individuals and other companies to collect past due balances that they owe.
• Ensures that all written correspondence complies with company policies in terms of verbiage and frequency of contact.
• Keeps up with changes in state and federal laws governing debt collections and makes sure employees receive training on any changes in laws.
• Monitors call reports to make sure collectors are making enough phone contacts each day.
• Identifies areas of the collection process that need improvement and implements an enhanced process that will help collectors be more effective.
• Tracks the rate of success of the entire process and continues to make adjustments when necessary.
• Trains new employees and holds training reviews for established employees.
• Performs audits of accounts that are in the system.
• Establishes quality control standards and maintains and enforces them over time.
• Negotiates payment arrangements and follows up to make sure the payments are made.
• Researches and locates missing information that is needed for the staff to perform their jobs at optimum levels.
• Authorizes financial settlements with people who owe large debts.
• Portfolio Management
• Develop pricing models and HCD products
• Training for Credit staff and loan appraisals and debt collections.
Qualifications And Experience
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field.
• Previous practical experience in the financial services sector
• Must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Must have excellent computer skills.
• Must be able to manage employees ethically and fairly while still being firm and enforcing company rules.
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Must have strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
• Superior math skills.
• Must be able to effectively prioritize tasks.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Must have good critical thinking skills and exercise sound judgment.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment with deadlines and quotas.
How To Apply
Send your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org