Dark Mode On Youtube Protects your Eyes, This Is How You Activate It
Whether for work or pleasure, we spend a lot of time gazing at computer screens. And spending too much time staring at a bright screen causes eye strain and headaches.
Thanks to Dark Mode now there is an easy way to both reduce eye strain and enhance your viewing experience. Dark Mode is a popular feature that’s been developing on many of the most popular websites and gadgets. Twitter has it, Whatsapp, Facebook, and even Youtube has it.
Enabling Dark Mode on Youtube makes approximately every video stand out better against the page, and can help your eyes when you are watching a video.
Here’s how to turn it on, in both your desktop browser and the Android mobile app.
Dark Mode on your desktop
- Go to YouTube and click on your user icon on the top-right corner
- Click on the word “Dark theme: off.”
- Toggle on the switch that’s labelled “Dark Theme,” and the screen will switch to have a black background.
How to turn on Dark Mode on YouTube in the mobile app
- Open the YouTube app and tap your user icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap the word “Settings.”
- Find the words “Dark theme” and toggle on the switch to its right.
There are several reasons why you might consider changing your display surface to Dark Mode, some of the reasons are.
- . Darker screens use less power.
- It is good for your eyes thus it reduces eye strain in low light.
- The Dark Mode reduces light glare and improves contrast and readability when you are watching a video with subtitles.
- It looks modern because it brings a bit of change from the All White Interface.
These are some of the reasons why you should enable Dark Mode on your Youtube.
After enabling Youtube Dark Mode you can now enjoy late-night streaming.