Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States of America. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard of race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding. Registered in Zimbabwe under the PVO Act, certificate number 6/2002, CRS has been supporting program activities in Zimbabwe since 1989 and has long-standing relationships with Church and non-Church partners and communities throughout the country. Zimbabwe program implements projects through 14 partner organizations in 30 districts in the areas of health, OVC, education, food security and agricultural livelihoods, and peacebuilding.
Full details (Job Description) of the job can be obtained from: https://goo.gl/GztRXi
Duties And Responsibilities
• Ongoing Quality Assurance (investigation of irregularities, documentation, escalation to BAO Systems)
• Training (Organize monthly training sessions for incoming data entry and management staff)
• Tutorials (Provide informative video tutorials in response to end user questions)
• Analytics (Prepare dashboards each semester and make available event reports as needed)
• Data Review (Prepare monthly PPTs demonstrating performance on key indicators & share action items)
OVC SI TWG (Prepare monthly PPTs documenting MIS issues to seek input where needed and provide updates)
● Data Cleaning (Liaise with IPS to ensure erroneously entered data is corrected)
● Support to other IPS (Regularly engage with Mavambo, HOSPAZ, ZHI, ZIMTECH, ZACH) to provide ongoing training, data cleaning and general support.
● Coordination (Daily admin meetings to clarify tasks, assign responsibilities & provide updates)
DHIS2 System Software Administration
User management (account creation, role administration, group management)
• Manage Configuration Requests (document issues, provide troubleshooting, confirm resolution)
• User security and sharing
● Metadata management
● Adherence to metadata naming convention and architecture
● Deployment scheduling
● Custom App Management (including upgrade QA)
● Upgrade coordination
● Maintain data administration and maintenance tasks
● Coordinate scheduler-based system tasks and other custom scripts.
Edge Server Administration
● Off-site backup / secure retention of DB backups
● Liaises with ISP and BAO System Admins during troubleshooting
● Assists with restore in disaster recovery scenario
● Works with ISP to ensure network stability
● Ensures physical security
Qualifications And Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or another relevant field.
• Demonstrated professional expertise in development and management of ICT systems including software deployment processes and procedures
• Deep knowledge of DHIS2 tracker programs architecture and related objects
• Knowledge of Python and/or R (recommended but not required)
• Proficiency in DHIS2 system administration tasks, including overseeing analytics and system processes
• Ability to translate processes and data requirements into appropriate and best practice DHIS2 configuration architecture
● Quality assurance testing lifecycle and processes Customer care/customer service skills
Understanding of backup, security and disaster recovery and networking protocols
• At least 3 years’ experience in the NGO sector.
How To Apply
Those who meet the above criteria are invited to submit their applications together with a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes the names and email addresses of three traceable references. Applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for, i.e., “Database Administrator” in the email subject line.
Please submit your applications by Sunday, 27 March 2021 to The Country Representative at the following email address: Zimbabwe.firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we will be shortlisting as we receive applications. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted