The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) is an independent electoral management body [EMB] established in terms of Section 238 of the Constitution of Zimbabwe. Its major functions are to manage and conduct elections to the offices of the President, Parliament and local authorities, and referendums, and all related electoral processes in accordance with the laws of Zimbabwe and also following international best practice.
JOB TITLE VACANCY : Director – Administration (Grade 3)
REPORTING TO : Deputy Chief Elections Officer (DCEO) –
Administration (Grade 2)
Duties And Responsibilities
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
• Coordinating the smooth implementation of ZEC activities and programs
. Developing , directing and implementing all administration policies, systems and procedures for the Commission;
. Managing the residential, office and warehouse infrastructure;
. Supervising management of stores, transport, and assets;
. Coordinating protocol and liaison functions;
. Compiling departmental budgets and reports;
. Supervising departmental staff;
Qualifications And Experience
• An administrator par excellence;
• A strategic thinker and decision maker;
• An effective communicator both orally and in written form;
• A functional expert in Administration
• An expert in the use of information and communication technology;
• Degree in Administration, or Business Studies, or Management or a relevant social science degree.
• A Masters degree or higher qualification in the same areas is on added advantage;
• At least five 5 years experience in a managerial or similar position;
• Mature, results oriented individual, with good leadership skills and ability to work under pressure; and
• Possession of a clean drivers’ license.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons must apply in writing, attaching their detailed CV and updated curriculum vitae and certified copies of their qualifications. Suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply. Send applications to:
Postal/ Physical Address
The Chief Elections Officer
Zimbabwe Electoral Commission
Mahachi Quantum Building
1 Nelson Mandela (Corner Kaguvi Street/Jason Moyo Avenue)
P. Bag. 7782 Causeway
The above post is at Head Office in Harare. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews. The remuneration package will be revealed during the interviews. The closing date for receipt of applications is 3 April 2022.