Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen within the institution:
Director, Business Development (1 Post)
This is a senior position which requires a highly qualified individual with a strong business acumen. The successful candidate will report directly to the Vice Chancellor and will be responsible for increasing the University’s revenue by identifying and developing new business opportunities as well as expanding the brand presence.
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Building solid relationships with customers, vendors and distributors, as well as sales and marketing teams;
• Developing in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities;
• Directing marketing efforts by presenting market research to marketing personnel and suggesting strategies to expand market research;
• Assessing marketing and sales as well as supplier and vendor operations and recommending improvements as needed;
• Enforcing University policies consistently and fairly;
• Formulating and implementing an account management plan to ensure that business relations are properly maintained;
• Informing current and potential partners about key business developments;
• Researching emerging trends and recommending new University offerings to satisfy customers’ needs;
• Developing and managing strategic partnerships to grow business;
• Presenting business or marketing opportunities to University Executives and Management;
• Commercialising the University’s innovation projects where possible;
• Overseeing the department’s budget;
• Preparing business reports for the University Council; and
• Performing any other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applications inclusive of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full details of names, date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees must be emailed to email@example.com as a single PDF file.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25 March, 2022.