Facilitate and provide technical support for the development of early action protocols and collaborate/coordinate with stakeholders and beneficiaries
Duties And Responsibilities
Result area 1: General Custodian activities
• Facilitate the inception of the project and produce an inception report (containing the detailed planning and conceptualization of the EAP development, updated timetable and risk assessment).
• Support identification, prioritization and validation of early actions.
• Local verification of Hazard, Risk and Vulnerability Analyses (including on the local verification and assessment of hazard, risk and vulnerabilities, as well as regional specific impact-based forecasting assessment for hazard scenarios).
• Attend EAP coordination and working group meetings.
• Conduct community mobilization and awareness on early action and related project activities.
• Organize and facilitate EAP meetings and workshops with stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Result area 2: Lead the identification, prioritization, and validation of appropriate Early Actions as part of a locally informed contingency plan for
each area of intervention
• Report of Early Action Prioritization (contain the participatively identified and prioritized Early Actions and describes their respective expected impact on coping strategies and food security developments of the population).
• Early Action Operationalization (containing the preparedness planning for respective hazard scenarios, identification of timing and window of opportunities for different Early Actions, conceptualizations for cash-preparedness or in-kind prepositioning strategies, readiness concept, operational planning).
• Development and adopting of data collection tools and methodology.
• Facilitate community meetings for identification of coping strategies and Early Actions, scenario planning (Validate and update Vulnerability and Impact Assessment; Scenario-based needs assessments; Cash-feasibility study and analysis of alternative activities).
• Facilitate data collection and analysis for EAP assessments. Participate in all MEAL activities for the project including development of data collection and project monitoring tools, report writing and project surveys.
• Facilitate district scenario planning workshops.
• Facilitate development and prioritization of feasible Early Actions for each hazard scenario (with local partners, authorities, community structures, etc.)
Result area 3: EAP development, validation, and implementation
• Conduct community feedback meetings.
• Facilitate EAP validation workshops with stakeholders.
• Develop complete Early Action Protocol (including more detailed operational plans, budget, finance and logistic plans, as well as a MEAL concept).
Qualifications And Experience
• Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Development studies, Disaster Management or related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience in agriculture and/or DRM, with training/capacity building of stakeholders and smallholder farmers. Hands-on
field experience required.
• Experience in DRM and Early Action programming required.
• Ability and willingness to ride a motorcycle an added advantage.
• Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Good organizational capacity
• Knowledge of local DRR strategies
• Good knowledge of the local languages and culture of Chivi district
How To Apply
1. Send Cover letters with up-to-date detailed CVs and clearly indicate the post applied
for in the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18TH of February 2022 COB.
2. Fill in an application form, using a link that you will get as soon as you email your application. The link will be sent to your application email within 24 hours of you submitting your application.