Contractor will serve on a part time basis as an Enhanced Peer Mobiliser and will report directly to Key Populations Officer.
Duties And Responsibilities
Your Contribution – Key Responsibilities
• Exposes key populations (KPs) community to inter-personal communications package covering clinical HIV prevention and treatment interventions.
• Conducts one-on- one IPC sessions with key populations and refers them for uptake of high impact clinical services at the New Start Centre and designated KP friendly public- sector health facilities.
• Maps KPs hotspots and identifies safe spaces for demand generation and service delivery activities.
• Develops outreach schedules in liaison with the Cluster Leader.
• Facilitates service delivery for reached clients in liaison with the integrated HIV Care Nurses and New Start team.
• Refers reached clients for clinical prevention and treatment services.
• Compiles and submits weekly and monthly reports to the Key Populations Officer/ Field Coordinator/Assigned Representative.
• Motivates key populations community and individuals to take up provider-initiated HIV testing.
• Distributes and facilitates HIVST in the community using provided guidelines.
• Tracks key populations issued with HIVST to motivate them to test and take up confirmatory testing at New Start Centre or designated service delivery point.
• Documents and reports HIV self-testing efficiencies and technical challenges.
• Creates opportunities to identify KPs requiring self-testing and include this is KPs services package.
• Enters confidential client information into DHIS2 (data system) using provided data tablets and ensures that unique identifier codes have been generated for every client reached and referred.
• Prepares correct monthly invoices and submits to the Site Manager by the 5th of every month.
• Distributes condoms and lubricants to the key populations community and trackable program partners.
• Promotes client retention by maintaining a cohort of 20 clients, collecting data on the target groups receiving KP program services during the contract period
Qualifications And Experience
What are we looking for?
• At least 1 year demonstrated experience and sensitivity working with key populations.
• Demonstrated experience in strategic community mobilization and service demand creation for a KP related program is a must.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills as well as comprehensive experience in report writing and documentation.
• An appropriate certificate, diploma or undergraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
How to apply?
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for (Under view more information about the job)
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to email@example.com
All Applications should be shared not later than January 20, 2022.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.