Childline is a local Private Voluntary Organisation specialising in child protection looking for a qualified individual to take up the role of Finance and Administration Assistant
The Finance and Administration Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Finance & Administration Officer with the financial operations of the region, in line with the organisation’s financial policies and procedures, meeting donor requirements, and ensuring the organisations’ financial accountability and transparency.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Verify internal & payment requisitions before processing.
• Posting transactions into Pastel.
• Maintaining up-to-date security items register & stocks e.g. coupons, purchase orders & receipts.
• Prepare bank reconciliation statements.
• Ensuring that licences, subscriptions, membership, bills, insurance e.t.c. are up-to date.
• Filing of vouchers and accounting records timely.
• Disbursing funds to sub offices and handling liquidations.
• Reconcile cash advances and following up on acquittals (Including reconciling advances to ledger)
• Conduct support visits to drop in centres
• Any other duties required to assist the organisation in achieving its vision
• Ensure safeguarding standards are met and maintained
Qualifications And Experience
• At least a Degree in Accounting, Finance or other equivalent qualification.
• Possession or studying towards a professional accounting qualification eg. ACCA, CIS, CIMA is a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of Pastel, Excel Spreadsheets is an asset
• Good team working skills and should be able to interact at all levels.
• 2 years experience within an NGO is a must.
• Must have integrity and have traceable references
• Excellent verbal & written skills, proficiency in English
How To Apply
To apply, please send ONE DOCUMENT that includes your cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, contactable references, and your CV to Childline Human Resources at email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day, Friday 18 March 2022. Applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for in the email subject line.
Childline is an equal opportunity organization and encourages both female and male candidates to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis and shortlisting will proceed as applications are received.