Youth Advocates (YA) is a youth-led organization working to advance youth’s rights and amplify youth’s voices where it matters. Our mission is empowering adolescents and young people through knowledge and skills transfer. Youth Advocates’ rights-based approach involves increasing access to quality youth friendly services and providing comprehensive gender-sensitive, positive sexuality education, promoting and preserving human dignity. It uses technology and grassroots initiatives to empower youth, claiming respect for fundamental freedoms and rights; improved conditions for young people and their communities; opportunities to learn, work and participate in decisions that affect them. .YA is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve.
We are currently looking for an individual to fill the following post starting February 1,2022
Duties And Responsibilities
General description of the role:
To provide finance and Administrative support services.
• Shall be receiving all requests for payments and activities and ensuring that there is proper documentation supporting the requests before passing it on to the Finance and Compliance officer for review.
• Manage and maintains fuel/vehicle and airtime records, ensuring timely fuel/airtime reconciliation submissions.
• Guides the programs team in its spending and activity planning, supporting them with event arrangements (participants, venue, etc)
• Handle and maintain the filing system of key documents (reports, projects activity documents, receipts, etc.) ensuring the confidentiality and security of documents.
• Scheduling and organizing weekly staff meetings, receiving and filing weekly meeting minutes.
• Assist in the logistics needs of all staff pertaining to all travel.
• Retrieve key documents as requested in a timely manner.
• Shall be responsible for receiving activity acquittals, ensuring that all activity
receipts and activity reports are attached.
• Shall be responsible for managing staff timesheets.
• Workflow management (i.e. advising on work/activities completed and
• Supporting in preparing materials for briefing events and meetings
• Supporting administration team in fundraising/Resource mobilization
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time
by the Finance and Administration Coordinator
Qualifications And Experience
Essential qualifications, skills and requirements
Must be studying towards a degree in Accounting, Finance or related program with the following:
• Knowledge and experience in computers (Microsoft excel, word and PowerPoint.)
• Good typing skills.
• Ability to work in close collaboration with team members in a multi-location team
• Strong written communication skills: ability to present research clearly
• Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure.
NB: PASTEL knowledge will be an added advantage
• Reports to the Finance and Compliance Officer
• Close coordination with the Programmes Team.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes together with their application letters to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 28 January 2022 midday. Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted for interviews.
Location: Salary: Contract:
Chitungwiza Voluntary One year