Support the functionality of the Finance & Administration departments of the members, controlling by conducting internal audits, assisting members who have special temporary needs in administration and building the capacity of the Finance & Administration department. The job involves a lot of traveling up to 80%.
Duties And Responsibilities
Conducting internals and audits of the members with general and specific scopes:
a) Participate in quarterly internal audits in the countries or on distance.
b) Host members for quarterly internal audit at Murgwi.
c) Make general internal audits of a member’s administration, policies and procedures based on the members’ self-assessment.
d) Make internal audits with a specific scope of a partnership’s complete financial administration according to partner specific guidelines, of vouchers and supporting documents, of processes such as procurement or Human Resources, or Fundraising administration etc.
e) Make internal audits on new projects, to help Economy & Administration to identify gaps in the systems and assist to provide solutions.
f) Control donations from members in Europe and USA to ensure that the donations are reported correctly and are used according to the decisions of the donating member.
) Make internal audits with other scopes as may be needed from time to time.
h) Follow up on task lists with the member after the internal audit until the tasks are completed.
i) Conduct follow-up audits on audit findings to ensure that corrective action has been taken
Qualifications And Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting plus a Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, articles training is an added advantage.
• Mature person with strong management skills who also possess excellent organizational and analytical skills; accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and computer skills, including, Excel and Word skills and experience with automated accounting systems; Pastel Accounting experience is preferred.
• Good report writing skills with ability to produce reports which are to the point, easily readable and inclusive
• Excellent verbal and written English communications skills.
• Minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated commercial experience in accounting, finance and administration at middle to senior management level in an organization.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in financial controlling or internal auditing.
• Hands on experience and ability to train/mentor others in accounting requirements as well as ability to be a team player. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, international financial reporting standards., budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices;
How To Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged send their application letters and CVs to the email listed below:
Deadline for applications to be submitted is 12:00hrs, 14th February 2022.