Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC) is the leading generator of electrical energy in Zimbabwe and supplies the bulk of the nation’s electrical power requirements from its five power stations. The company is inviting suitably qualified and motivated_ persons to fill the following vacant positions that have arisen:
POST A: General Manager — Hwange Power Station Ref: Zpch001/03/22
This is a senior position reporting to the Operations Director of the Zimbabwe Power Company. The key challenge in this position is the ability to harness the material, financial and human resources in order to produce reliable maximum electricity output levels. This will require the effective utilization of all the inputs, maintaining the plant and creating a work environment that will result in maximum manpower
Duties And Responsibilities
Key Performance Areas
• Directs, plans and controls the Power Station operations and objectives in line with corporate objectives.
• Establishes and promotes policies and plans for enhancing reliable energy delivery by the Power Station.
• Prepares guidelines for the development of operations and maintenance philosophies.
• Compiles the capital expenditure budget for the Power Station.
• Develops guidelines for the adoption of appropriate Integrated Management System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001: 2015).
• Directs the development of new suppliers with favourable terms as well as providing guidelines for cost- effective procurement.
• interacts with ZPC and ZETDC management on the establishment of production targets. station operations and operation of the Power Purchase Agreement.
• Plans and implements power generation improvement projects. Develops systems for a sustainable, harmonious industrial relations climate at the Station.
• Coordinates projects by approving delivery and construction of equipment at site commissioning procedures and management requirements.
Qualifications And Experience
• MBL/MBA or equivalent
• At least 10 years post graduate working experience in a heavy plant environment with a minimum of 8 years at senior management level.
• Valid full membership of a recognized professional engineering institution eg ECZ / ZIE.
• Core skills in budgeting and controls, resources utilization an the ability to plan ahead.
• Functional expertise in the process of electricity generation.
• Outstanding capacity to lead people, build and develop teams and deliver the expected results.
• Ability to arrive at accurate conclusions and solutions visualizing new potentials using rational and intuitive processes.
• Ability to achieve expected results through the successful and timely completion of activities.
• Ability to analyze the future impact of decisions by taking a big picture approach.
• Ability to produce clear status reports, communicate tactfully and candidly.
How To Apply
Applications from prospective candidates with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates should be received by not later than the 18th of March 2022 addressed to:-
Senior Manager Human Resources
Zimbabwe Power Company
PO Box MP 274
or hand delivery to
Zimbabwe Power Company
12th Floor, Megawatt House
44 Samora Machel Avenue HARARE
Or email: email@example.com