How To Set Up WhatsApp Pay On Android
Though the platform is only on selected Beta locations and phones, setting up WhatsApp pay is simple and straight forward. The platform is primarily available in India and Brazil and will be rolled out to the rest of the world “soon”.
WhatsApp wants to be the primary way small businesses can interact with their customers and reduce Bank charges burdening small to medium businesses across the world. This does not eliminate banks, rather payments are still run through selected banks.
To start up, one needs to link WhatsApp account service with a prefered bank (Mastercard/Visa). If you don’t have such a bank account you cannot get started.
Here’s How To Set Up WhatsApp Pay On Android;
1. Open WhatsApp and go to the home screen.
2. Select the action overflow menu (three vertical dots on the top right corner).
3. Select Payments.
4. Select Add new payment method.
5. Select Accept and continue to get started.
6. Choose your bank from the provided list. This, however, should be the bank that you opened an account with.
7. You’ll now need to verify your phone number. Make sure that the WhatsApp number you’re using is the same one registered with your bank account.
8. Verify via SMS to authenticate your bank account.
9. Hit Allow to let WhatsApp verify that the SIM card is the one registered with your account.
10. Tap Allow again for WhatsApp to send texts to authenticate your account.
11. WhatsApp will now verify with your bank and pull up all accounts registered with your number. Select the one you’d like to use to finish setting up payments.
12. Hit Done to finish setting up WhatsApp Pay.
13. You should now see the payment method listed in the payments page.
14. Now you can select contacts of who you want to send money or make payments to.