Deadline: 31 March 2022
A local NGO in Masvingo province is seeking the services of a consultant to conduct a human rights and digital security training for its members. Interested candidates should submit their bids no later than 31 March 2022 as per the Terms of Reference. The major objective of the organization is to facilitate meaningful participation of youth in citizen engagement, conflict management and electoral processes. The organisation is currently implementing a project that seeks to promote meaningful participation of young women and men between the ages of 18 and 35, in conflict management and social accountability monitoring at all levels of community development. In order to achieve this, the organisation use four interventions which are capacity building, information dissemination, provision of youth friendly interface platforms as well as advocacy and lobbying. The Organisation is inspired by the values to respect human rights and the desire to build sustainable peace and development.
Duties And Responsibilities
Objectives of the human rights and digital security training:
The human rights and digital security training shall have the following objectives:
• To build the capacity of the members of the local organisation in digital literacy
for social accountability and access to information.
• To enhance the capacity of the members of the local organisation to gather evidence based information using ICT and use it to report on social accountability and conflict management issues.
• To improve the understanding and knowledge of the members of the local organisation on human rights and freedoms
• To educate the members on their responsibility to protect the confidentiality, availability and integrity of their organization’s information.
• Understanding security risks to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our information systems and data.
• Understanding safeguards available to reduce the information security risks to our users, data and information systems.
Scope of the work:
The trainer will be required to:
• Develop a pre-test on the understanding of participants on digital literacy and human rights and its benefits in conflict management and social accountability.
• Take the participants through the various digital skills and what ICT tools they can
use to manage conflicts and on social accountability with emphasis on the ones they have access to at the village levels.
• Conduct an evaluation on the understanding of the participants after the training.
• Take participants through their digital rights, online safety and dangers of digital miss-use
Qualifications And Experience
The Consultant is expected to meet the following deliverables:
• Develop a human rights and digital education training manual, including the agenda for the workshop (Develop activities, worksheets (tools) and reference sheets in line with the identified themes and expected results and content for reference sheets/additional resources.
Timeline: The consultancy will be for 1 day only.
Budget: Consultants are expected to submit their proposed budget and budgets will be assessed on a competitive basis.
Payment: Payment will be made upon satisfactory completion of deliverables.
Technical requirements for bidders:
Prospective bidders should possess the following technical skills:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in human rights and digital security or relevant field.
• Experience in facilitating human rights and digital security capacity building processes.
• Good communication skills and the ability to present technical jargon in an understandable way.
How To Apply
Applications (in English) must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 31 March 2022 and contain the following elements:
A cover letter outlining motivation and summarizing relevant experience; Curriculum Vitae with full description of the applicant’s profile and experience; proposed budget; contact details for at least three independent referees with in-depth and proven knowledge of the applicant’s expertise and relevant work experience.