The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance ElectronicLearning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for vacant positions that have arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
Women candidates and differently abled persons are encouraged to apply.
POST 1: Ict Technician: Mashonaland Central Regional Campus
Duties And Responsibilities
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Participating in the designing, installation and support of LANs and WAN.
i. Carrying out site surveys of buildings earmarked for LANs
ii. Carrying out installation of new LANs
iii. Carrying out maintenance and upgrade work on LANs
• Providing support to staff and students on the use of e-learning resources
i. Training staff and students on accessing e-learning resources (online application and myVista)
ii. Attending to user queries / trouble shooting on the e-learning platform
• Servicing, maintaining and repairing ICT equipment
i. Accept job requests from staff and students
ii. Complete an ICT Job Card / iTop query for each job attended
iii. File job card and dispatch repaired equipment to users
iv. Carry out scheduled maintenance of ICT equipment 3 times a year
v. Keep an updated ICT Asset register at all times
vi. Compile and submit an ICT asset disposal list after each scheduled maintenance
• Installing and configure hardware and software
i. Installing selected software on designated hardware
ii. Configuring hardware and software as requested
iii. Completing the ICT job card / installation record for each job attended
• Running an elaborate back-up system that ensures that selected user data and documents are archived / or stored offline
i. Backups of user data / documents on removable media
ii. Backup logs recorded and filed iii. Backup media packaged and moved to a secured storage place • Checking the state of all critical devices and printers to ensure continuous functionality and access to services at all times
i. Servers, routers, switches and printers’ status confirmed daily
ii. Network connectivity and Internet available 24/7
iii. Network status reported on weekly
• Providing sound technical support to the institution’s ICT users
i. Training / coaching users on the operations of selected software applications (Office 365, Pastel and ARIS)
ii. Attending to all users’ ICT application queries
iii. Educating users on the best practices when using ICT equipment
iv. Carrying out ICT advocacy as guided by the ICT Policies; and
v. Performing any other relevant duties as assigned by ICT Engineer, Hardware and Networks
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience
• National Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant technical field, from a recognized examination board such as HEXCO; or
• City and Guilds Science, Computer TechniciansCertified at advanced or Part2 level; and
• At least two (2) years relevant post qualification experience.
How To Apply
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows:
• in PDF format as a single document to: email@example.com
• as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
Applications should be received not later than 19 February 2022.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to
Cnr Samora Machel and Leopold Takawira Street