Reporting to: Team leader
Purpose of the position: Job exists to provide comprehensive integrated HIV health services to clients and ensure that all eligible clients are linked and retained in HIV care and treatment.
Duties And Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities:
• Assesses and provides all HIV negative clients with the most appropriate biomedical prevention methods such as VMMC, PrEP, DREAMS, Condom programming and STI screening and treatment.
• Links HIV negative clients to social support structures and/or case managers for continued care support.
• Provides information to all HIV negative clients on available biomedical prevention options for them to make informed choices.
• Leads GBV /IPV case identification, providing timely first line support i.e. minimum package of care and post GBV support using the LIVES framework.
• Proactively assess for risk of defaulting and mitigate against this through appropriate differentiated care models.
• Applies appropriate HIV testing modalities and screening tool to minimise unnecessary HIV testing.
• Provides PDHTS VCT, targeted outreach and HIVST as guided by hot spot map or risk network referrals as appropriate.
• Provides HIV self-testing for target populations and track all recipients for confirmatory test, treatment, and prevention as appropriate.
• Conducts patient centred index and contact tracing (ICT) in key and priority populations such as virally unsuppressed, newly diagnosed HIV clients and adult men, in a safe and ethical manner as per WHO and PEPFAR guidelines.
• Provides facility and community Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) initiation.
• Actively identifies clients eligible for viral load testing and facilitates process
• Provides viral load monitoring services from sample collection to transportation, documentation and use of the results in patient management.
• Counsels clients on the benefits of U=U to, among other reasons, motivate early ART initiation, improve treatment adherence and retention.
• Works with a multidisciplinary team to conduct enhanced adherence counselling for clients with unsuppressed viral loads, do follow-up viral load testing and switch/maintain
treatment as indicated within the MOHCC time limits.
• Implements community differentiated service delivery models to retain clients on ART.
• Tracks defaulters, return them to care, respectfully look for, address and document reasons for defaulting.
• Leads the transition of stable KP clients to friendly/capacitated public sector clinics.
• Ensures completion and updating of the index testing register in accordance with PEPFAR minimum standards for safe care.
• Participates in collaborative defaulter tracking meetings and activities with MOHCC and facility partners.
Coordinate community health workers in HIV case finding and retention in care
Qualifications And Experience
. Experience and qualifications
• Degree or Diploma in General Nursing
• Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe
• Systemic Counseling Course
• At least 3 years counseling experience
• Valid Rapid HIV Testing certificate a requisite
• Clean class 4 driver’s licence
How To Apply
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org : not later than 24 February 2022. Please write – IHC NURSE on the subject of your email.
-FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact with. The organization’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
-FACT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, colour, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Shortlisting will be on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.