Reporting to the Senior Clinical Services Coordinator / Senior Field Services Coordinator, the Integrated HIV Care Nurse provides comprehensive and quality integrated HIV health services to clients with the aim of ensuring that all clients are linked to and retained in HIV prevention, care, and treatment services.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Assesses and provides all HIV negative clients with the most appropriate biomedical prevention
methods such as VMMC, PrEP, DREAMS, Condom programming and STI screening and treatment.
• Links HIV negative clients to social support structures and/or case managers for continued care support.
• Provides information to all HIV negative clients on available biomedical prevention options for them to make informed choices.
• Leads GBV /IPV case identification, providing timely first line support i.e., minimum package of care and post GBV support using the LIVES framework.
• Proactively assesses for risk of defaulting and provide appropriate differentiated care models.
Apply appropriate HIV testing modalities and screening tool to minimize unnecessary HIV testing.
• Provides PDHTS VCT, targeted outreach and HIVST as guided by hot spot map or risk network referrals as appropriate.
• Provides HIV self-testing for target populations and tracks all recipients for confirmatory test, treatment, and prevention as appropriate.
• Conducts patient centered index and contact tracing (ICT) in key and priority populations such as virally unsuppressed, newly diagnosed HIV clients and adult men, in a safe and ethical manner as per WHO and PEPFAR guidelines.
• Provides facility and community Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) initiation.
• Actively identifies clients eligible for viral load testing. (Sets appointments, educates, and keeps clients aware of appointment dates through client held records/SMS reminders etc.).
• Provides viral load monitoring services from sample collection to transportation, documentation and use of the results in patient management.
• Counsels’ clients on the benefits of U=U to, among other reasons, motivate early ART initiation, improve treatment adherence and retention.
• Works with a multidisciplinary team to conduct enhanced adherence counselling for clients with unsuppressed viral loads, do follow-up viral load testing and switch/maintain treatment as indicated within the MOHCC time limits.
• Implements community differentiated service delivery models to retain clients on ART.
• Tracks defaulters and facilitates return to care, addresses and documents reasons for defaulting.
• Leads the transition of stable KP clients to friendly/capacitated public sector clinics
• Ensures completion and updates the index testing register in accordance with PEPFAR minimum standards for safe care.
• Documents all HIV tested clients in the clinic catchment area’s community HTS register.
Documents all HIV Positive clients in the facility green books Pre ART, and ART registers.
• Records all clients receiving services in DHIS2/Bahmni as appropriate.
• Reports all adverse events (provider/client detected) within reporting timelines.
• Develops joint index testing and retention in care cascades for optimized service provision.
• Conducts data deduplication for all newly diagnosed HIV positive clients.
• Supports facility partner to documentation in the facility who require community follow up and/or service provision.
• Participates in collaborative defaulter tracking meetings and activities with MOHCC and facility partners.
• Coordinates community health workers in HIV case finding and retention in care.
• Manages KP DSD Assistants within one’s cluster
Qualifications And Experience
• A General Nursing Diploma a prerequisite.
• Rapid HIV Testing training.
• HIV Treatment/ART training.
• SRH & VIAC training a distinct advantage.
• Clean class 3 or 4 driver’s license a must.
• 3 years working experience.
• Registered by the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe
How To Apply
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal
opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for, under view more information
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to email@example.com