Reporting to: Finance and Audit Committee
Job Brief :
FACT Zimbabwe is looking for an objective Internal Auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and sound judgements especially on USAID, UN rules and regulations.
Duties And Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities:
• Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over the operation’s effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
• Determine internal audit scope and development of annual audit plans
• Obtain, analyse, and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
• Prepare and present regular reports that reflect audit results and maintain documentation for process followed
• Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and goal achievement
• Identify loopholes in internal control systems and recommend risk mitigation measures and cost saving opportunities
• Maintain open communication with Management and Audit Committee
• Document audit process and prepare a report at least quarterly on audit findings.
• Conduct follow up audits to monitor management interventions.
• Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, and errors.
• Coordinate and interact with audit firms performing external audits for FACT’s financial statements.
• Keeps abreast of the organizational policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local laws, as applicable.
• Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding the donors’ rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications And Experience
• Degree in Accounting
• CA or equivalent qualification a must.
• Master’s degree qualification an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Auditing Standards a must.
• Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar role
• Registration with the Institute of Internal Auditors in Zimbabwe is a must
How To Apply
Interested candidates can submit application letter together with detailed CV to email@example.com : not later than 15 February 2022. Please write – INTERNAL AUDITOR on the subject of your email.
-FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may come into contact with. The organization’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
-Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe, place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or, subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified.