SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty. We have presence in Waterfalls, Chitungwiza, Bindura, Shamva and Bulawayo.
We are looking for interns to undergo one year of work related learning from the following disciplines – Social Work, Developmental Studies, Psychology, Communications & Media Studies and Finance. This internship will provide the Intern with the opportunity to give back to the community while gaining exposure to practical application of knowledge, develope relevant skills and establishing professional networks.
Candidates should be willing to serve the Internship and Volunteerism at any of our 3 program Locations: Bulawayo. Waterfalls and Bindura.
Duties And Responsibilities
We seek energetic and organized Undergraduate Interns to go through developmental programs in the following disciplines:
I. Youth Care x 2
II. Youth & Education x 1
III. Child Development x 2
IV. Finance x 2
V. Sponsorship x 1
VI. Community Development x 2
VII. Graduate Volunteer – Community Development x 2
Candidates should be willing to serve the Internship and Volunteerism at any of our 3 Locations: Bulawayo. Waterfalls and Bindura.
Qualifications And Experience
• Studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree Social Work, Psychology, Developmental Studies or related field are encouraged to apply;
• For Sponsorship internship we are looking for candidates studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Communications, Media Studies, Journalism or related. Appreciation of Photography, Videography will be an added advantage.
• Finance Interns should be studying towards a Bachelor of Accountancy, Business Studies or similar.
• A self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision; basic appreciation of Zimbabwean labor laws,
• Excellent written and oral communication skills,
• Detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills, and Good interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of certified academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 13 February 2022.
E-mail applications should bear the reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed. Applications that are late do not have a CV or certified certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.