Seconded to the National AIDS Council (NAC) and serving as a member of the Key Populations Technical Support Committee (KP TSC), the KP Officer supports KP programme implementation at the provincial and district levels and provides technical assistance and capacity building support to NAC, MoHCC and local KP led and serving community-based organisations in each of the assigned provinces of Harare, Bulawayo, Midlands, Masvingo, and Manicaland.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Supports the Provincial Manager (PM) and District AIDS Coordinator (DAC) of NAC and local structures of MoHCC (e.g., Health Centre Committees) in stakeholder engagements at the provincial and district levels in support of the KP TSC and the National KP Programme.
• Liaises and coordinates with NAC and MoHCC provincial and district structures and implementing partners to ensure comprehensive and friendly HIV/SRH services for KPs are scaled up to realise public health impact utilizing global best practices.
• Works with NAC, MoHCC and the KP TSC to harmonize programming and activities behind one common KP strategy, operational plan, and results framework.Continuous engagement and capacity building of key provincial and district institutions, including PM, DAC and MoHCC sub-national structures to enhance programme ownership and support.
Ensures the coordination of monthly and quarterly work plan review meetings at sub-national levels, including support for routine progress reviews with provincial and district lead partners to identify bottlenecks and strategies for programme implementation.
• Ensures the coordination of partner sub-national monthly and ad-hoc meetings, joint field visits and representation at relevant fora, including participation in provincial-level HIV/SRHR and KP technical working groups and updates.
• Champions KP policy development and implementation, and KP community mobilization and capacity building, including KP demand generation for services and standardization of messages and service delivery.
• Supports and coordinates community led monitoring activities for health facilities in their districts.
• Ensure the coordination of the Provincial KP Forums and other subnational KP technical working groups.
• Creates opportunities to enhance mobilisation and linkage of clients to HIV/SRH services and ensure their access to comprehensive and friendly KP services.
• In liaison with NAC and MoHCC provincial and district M&E personnel, strengthen routine monitoring and evaluation of KP data and ensure that data is analyzed to inform decision making for programme improvement.
• Coordinate the collection and collation of KP data using one KP M&E system (DHIS2) across NAC, MoHCC and KP implementing partners.
• Liaises with the DAC, MoHCC and implementing partners at provincial and district levels to ensure synergies for smooth implementation.
• Harmonize the development and the dissemination of KP related IEC materials using the national HIV communication strategy.
• Follows up KPs agents’ payments and logistical and administrative support.
Qualifications And Experience
• A Degree in Health Sciences, Health Promotions, Social Work, or related Social Science field.
• Five years’ work experience in program management related to development and/or community mobilization for outreach-based HIV services interventions.
• Good analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated computer skills and experience, including Microsoft Office and spreadsheets.
• Demonstrated skills in training, coordination, facilitation, communication, documentation, and report writing.
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• At least 2 years of clean class 4 driver’s license.
• Demonstrated experience, knowledge and sensitivity working with KP individuals and communities.
How To Apply
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for, under view more information
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to email@example.com