Established in 1987, Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices, and is one of the largest specialised Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organisations in Zimbabwe. PSZ complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in the provision of quality, and affordable general health and SRH services in all provinces of Zimbabwe. In line with its expansion strategy, PSZ seeks to expand its talent pool to include the following:
MS Lady – Community Based nurse provider
The incumbent will be responsible for the following among other duties, assessing client’s health needs; providing advice on family planning and other sexual reproductive health services. Practicing high standards of infection prevention at all times and ensure clinics protocols are maintained and maintains accurate and confidential client records. Participating in stock management, and report writing.
Duties And Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for the following among other duties:
• Provide family planning services and perform procedures which includes implant insertion/removal, IUCD insertion and removal, short acting methods
• Ensuring that clinical standards are adhered to as well as provision of quality service
• Augmenting service provision –primary health care, family planning, and other SRH services
• Counseling of clients and providing advice on various methods of Family Planning to enable the client to make an informed decision
Qualifications And Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
• Diploma in Nursing /midwifery
• Forensic License (M.C.A.Z)
• at least 2 years post qualification experience
• Family Planning Training is a must
• A good command of respective local language in the area of operation (e.g. Ndebele & Shona) is a requirement
• Have own car and willing to travel around Bulawayo
How To Apply
Applications, quoting “MS lady –Community Based nurse provider Bulawayo should include a cover letter and a curriculum vitae with three (3) referees. Closing Date Monday 21 March 2022 should be directed to:
Only shortlisted applicants being considered for interview will be contacted.
PSZ is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of vulnerable persons and safeguarding employees and communities from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. PSZ does not solicit for payments in any form at any stage of the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the MSI safeguarding guidelines.