The Zimbabwe Red Cross Society is a voluntary organisation whose aim is to alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable communities. It is an auxiliary to government as mandated through the Zimbabwe Red Cross Society Act of Parliament No 30 of 1981 also known as Chapter 17.08. It has branches throughout the country and is part of the global Red Cross movement present in 189 countries. Orphans and Vulnerable Children, the elderly, the chronically ill, the HIV infected and affected, the elderly and widowed and the generally disadvantaged members of the community make up our beneficiary list. As a disaster relief organisation, the ZRCS is also a member of the civil protection unit (CPU) and it responds to both natural and manmade disasters. Currently the ZRCS is seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of PMER (Planning Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting) officer based at Headquarters in Harare.
The PMER Officer is responsible for maintaining the PMER framework for the operation and for further developing and ensuring quality PMER systems and processes and for the effective delivery of these during the operation. This role provides direct technical advice and guidance to operational leadership and to technical programme managers in all areas of PMER – planning, monitoring, evaluation/review, reporting, learning and accountability. The Officer will also be responsible for strengthening PMER capacity of the Zimbabwe Red Cross Society and ensuring core competencies in PMER. Where possible engagement with major donors, especially as far as building and maintaining relations, developing proposals are concerned, will be an integral part of the job.
Duties And Responsibilities
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and guide the FBA planning process to develop quality plans for the operation, ensuring engagement and compliance from all management, technical and support
• Provide technical advice and support to the FBA Coordinator and team to ensure quality plans (e.g., design of the Log frame and indicators) and support the coordination of the plans from the different teams/NSs to bring together a coherent and high-quality Plan of action.
In addition to the existing results-based management approach to planning, promote an adaptive management approach to planning, working closely with other PMER and Information Management (IM) colleagues to ensure that feedback and lessons learned inform the evolution of the operational response.
• Support the development and implementation of a M&E plan for the operation, including outlining data sources, collection methods (quantitative and qualitative methods), frequency, and audience.
• Work closely with PMER, IM and Safeguarding and Inclusion colleagues to ensure that planned monitoring is well informed by available information / data and engages with and reflects the voice of the affected population.
• Support or prepare analysis of monitoring, through reports, data visualization and ensure it is evidence based, user-friendly and accessible for those managing the operation, to inform decision-making.
• Coordinate with external actors to maximize coordination and collaboration around data collection, to benefit from secondary data and reduce duplication and the negative impact of assessment fatigue.
• Prepare, design and implement any necessary surveys, such as baseline surveys, reviews, evaluations or lesson learning exercises or other relevant studies, in response to operational requirements.
Manage efficient and effective quality control and delivery of reporting on the operation (e.g., Ops Updates, situation reports, information bulletins, and other relevant reports) and ensure all reports are clear, accurate and informative.
• Inform accountability to management and partners
Qualifications And Experience
Education and Experience
• Graduate degree in a relevant humanitarian or Social Sciences, ideally studies relating to data management, statistics etc.
• Post-graduate qualification in a PMER or related field is an added advantage
• 3 years’ working experience and demonstrable track record of managing a high value programme for an NGO in an emergency response context is preferred
• Background in data collection, management, analysis and presentation methods and tools, and ability to set up systems and procedures for reliable data collection and management.
Knowledge, skills and languages
• Skills in supporting organizational learning, accountability and performance
• Strong analytical and written skills, including report writing and presentation skills
• Strong skills in designing and using PMER concepts, tools, and best practices
• Knowledge of results-based or adaptive management systems and processes
• Knowledge and skills around results-based planning (log frame) and setting up robust planning systems for complex programmes
• Knowledge of Community Engagement and Accountability and Protection Gender Inclusion
• Knowledge of assessment, survey and monitoring methodologies and experience implementing them
• Fluently spoken and written English
How To Apply
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To the attention of : The Secretary General