Develop procurement and sourcing strategies, negotiate prices with vendors, examine existing contracts, reduce procurement costs and perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Develop procurement and sourcing strategies
• Supervise the processing of internal Purchase requisitions & Purchase orders from business stakeholders.
• Ensure correct GL codes and Cost Centre capturing is done for every purchase.
• Responsible for ensuring that supplier contracts are in place and are renewed on time.
• Analyse and support the implementation of company Procurement Policies.
• Interact with suppliers and other service providers to the Bank in a professional manner.
• Conduct supplier performance management as per SLAs.
• Ensure quick turnaround times for all procurements.
• Drive cost reduction and risk control in the procurement process.
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
• Ability to manage stocks/ warehouse and conduct monthly stock counts.
• Inclination on tech savvy innovations in procurement systems.
• Responsible for day to day supervision and support of the procurement and stores clerks/ interns.
• Accountable for departmental reports production.
• Company Asset management duties.
• Daily fuel reconciliations and on time replenishment.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Degree/Diploma in Procurement/Supply chain management plus professional qualifications CIPS or similar
• 5 years proven working experience in Procurement
• Basic appreciation of accounting processes.
• Valid class 4 Driver’s License.
• Sound knowledge of ERP systems/ Microsoft Suite programs.
• Fuel & Stores management experience.
Skills and Competencies:
• High degree of integrity, honesty and reliability.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to be assertive.
• Highly analytical and attentive to detail.
• Able to interact with a wider stakeholder base amicably.
• Sound planning and organising skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Deadline driven.
• Proactive, resilient and tenacious.
• Excellent Communication and Coaching Skills
• Be responsible and reliable.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to solve challenges.
• Willingness to work under pressure, weekends and on public holidays.
• Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• People management Skills
• Digital Innovation Oriented personality.
• Goal-oriented & organized team player.
Job Related Knowledge
• Solid knowledge and understanding of Procurement and Supply Chain processes, policies and systems.
• Fuel & Stores management.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Procurement Supervisor”. attaching scanned certified copies of academic certificates and national ID.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 28 February 2022 @ 1630hrs.