Position: Protection Officer – Cash Based Assistance
Report to: Project Coordinator
Location: Chipinge (Tongogara Refugee Camp)
Duration: 4 months
Deadline: 11 March 2022
Start as soon as possible
Purpose of position:
Provides technical oversight in ensuring that protection is mainstreamed across all processes of food assistance. The protection officer will lead in strengthening implementation of accountability to affected persons polices.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Duties And Responsibilities
• Ensure that accountability to affected persons mechanisms including Help/ Grievance Desk is effectively managed and coordinated.
• Coordinate implementation of safety audits to protect children, older chronically ill, people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups during all process of food assistance.
• Tracks and document all complaints and account to ensure that appropriate feedback has been provided to complaints raised.
• Support in all beneficiary registration and verification process working closely with camp partners.
• Lead in establishing and implementing all Protection Monitoring and Evaluation functions
• Establish functional safe guarding protocols across all age and gender groups.
• Support the Food Security Officers in all food and cash assistance distribution process.
• Conduct regular food/ cash assistance gender and vulnerability analysis.
• Assists in ensuring all entitled beneficiaries have a valid Scope card and Pin Code and required identity documents.
Encourage household principal applicants to collect cash entitlements
• Strengthen mechanisms to increase community participation in the prevention of child abuse and gender-based violence.
• Monitor and track any protection risks associated with food assistance and provide appropriate prevention and response mechanisms.
• Make case follow up on food access referrals from the clinic, registration, protection desk.
Qualifications And Experience
The Ideal candidate must:
1. Holds an MSc in Social Work with at least three years’ experience in implementing emergency cash food assistance interventions. A BSc with at least 5 years’ of relevant experience
2. Experience in Protection Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage
How To Apply
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application letter and curriculum vitae with three contactable referees to: email@example.com clearly indicating “Protection Officer- Cash Based Assistance” on the subject of the email
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the deadline