Great Zimbabwe University, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following posts that have arisen within the institution:
1.0 SIMON MUZENDA SCHOOL OF ARTS, CULTURE AND HERITAGE STUDIES
Duties And Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintaining specialist equipment for audio production, broadcast and RF transmission;
• Setting up and monitoring audio links between sites in different locations;
• Installing, maintaining, repair and testing new facilities and equipment for broadcast and transmission;
• Setting up and operating editing facilities in post-production suites;
• Analysing and repairing technical faults on equipment and systems;
• Minimising loss of service when equipment fails by quickly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision;
• Setting up and operating equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts
• Designing and installing custom audio circuits;
• Developing and using awareness of best practice in health and safety for the workplace;
• Interpreting and implementing instructions and requests from producers, directors and other colleagues;
• Keeping up to date with the industry and changes in technology by building and maintaining a network of contacts and investigating new systems and techniques;
• Site surveying and mapping of new transmission sites; and
• Ensure that active broadcasts comply with all government and local regulations.
Qualifications And Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have a Masters Degree in Applied Physics/Electronics/ Telecommunications or any other related field plus two (2) years postgraduate experience or a Honours Degree in Applied Physics/Electronics/ Telecommunications or any other relevant field plus four (4) years post qualification experience.
The successful candidate must:
• Four (4) years broadcasting experience;
• have a strong professional profile and significant experience;
• show a track record of leadership and innovation in the media industry in Zimbabwe;
• demonstrate knowledge of current broadcasting trends in Zimbabwe and the ability to develop and implement the Campus Radio’s vision;
• demonstrate managerial competence, experience in raising funds and the ability to represent the GZU Campus Radio in multiple forums; and
• demonstrate knowledge on implementation of Education 5.0 at GZU Campus Radio.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Applications inclusive of the following: application letter, certified copies of academic certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full details of names, date of birth, experience, contact telephone number(s) and names and addresses of three referees must be emailed to email@example.com as a single PDF file.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Legal Affairs
Great Zimbabwe University
P.O. Box 1235
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25 March, 2022.