Childline is a local Private Voluntary Organisation specialising in child protection looking for a qualified individual to take up the role of Regional Coordinator.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Leading the implementation of Childline Zimbabwe’s strategic plan within the region.
• Managing the day-to-day activities & operations of the regional office, developing & working towards the regional strategic operational plan in line with the organisations’ national strategic plan.
• Plan, coordinate & supervise the delivery of specific programme activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organisation
• Coordinating work prescribed by the project agreement including budgets and activities
• Ensure the completion of project activities by the organisation within the prescribed budgets and timelines and to expected standards in the areas of operation.
• Assist in the creation/updating of annual project plans by Project Officers in line with the stipulated budgets and implementing the project plans.
• Assist Programmes Development and Support Manager in compiling organisational Programmes reports for the Director.
• Management of all Drop in Centres in the region
• Provide monthly programme status reports to the Programmes Development and Support Manager
• Support all Drop In Centres under the region with Fundraising ideas as well as carrying out the activities.
• Participate in mobilising funding & other resources for departmental activities & specific case management projects
• Participate in proposal development and design for Childline
• Supervision and Management of the helplines to ensure high quality service deliveryEnsure quality child protection services are provided and minimum standards are maintained by the call centre
• Establish and manage relevant strategic partnerships and relationships with both internal and external stakeholders Including sound relationships with relevant government authorities in the Region
• Undertaking any other duties required to assist the organisation in achieving its vision
Qualifications And Experience
• A degree in Social Sciences.
• A post graduate qualification in Project Management, Child Protection & Development is an added advantage,
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Project management
• Strong knowledge of and experience in multi-stakeholder environmental programme coordination, facilitation and management at different scales
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, particularly with regard to technical reports, project documents, briefs, and effective oral presentations.
• Excellent interpersonal relations and communications skills
• Good analytical and writing skills as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
• Clean Class 4 Driver’s licence with at least 2 years driving experience.
How To Apply
To apply, please send ONE DOCUMENT that includes your cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, contactable references, and your CV to Childline Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day, Thursday 10 February 2022. Applications should be clearly marked with the position applied for in the email subject line.
Childline is an equal opportunity organization and encourages both female and male candidates to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis and shortlisting will proceed as applications are received.