The Health Professions Authority Zimbabwe (HPA) is the apex health regulatory body In Zimbabwe mandate is to coordinate the functions and operations of all health professions councils in Zimbabwe. entertain appeals that relate to the same councils, while also inspecting, registering and regulating all health service providing institutions in Zimbabwe. The following vacancy has arisen in the Authority
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to the President of the Authority and the Authority the job involves:
• Heads the Secretariat and provide leadership for a Regulatory Authority.
• Promote and conduct the affairs of the Authority with the highest standards of integrity, probity and corporate governance.
• Implement the Authority’s strategies and account to the Board on key management and strategic priorities.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and codes.
• To manage the Authority’s operations, activities and direct its staff to foster a high-performance culture across the operations of the Authority.
• Ensure efficient and timely performance measurement and reporting systems are in place.
• Provides advice to all Councils and assists the Councils in the performance of their functions.
• Convenes meetings of the Authority on instruction of the President of the Authority or the Chairman of any of its committees
• Provides secretarial services to the Authority and its Committees.
• Implements the decisions and resolutions made by the Authority at its meetings.
• Ensures inspections are carried out in line with the Authority’s mandate.
• Ensures registration of Health Institutions in terms of the Health Professions Act (Chapter 27:19).
• Identify the required culture and put processes to manage changes.
• Ensure safe keeping of the Authority’s property.
Qualifications And Experience
• Must have a relevant Business Degree and post graduate qualifications e.g MBA MBL
• At least 10 years experience of which 8 years should be at Senior Management level.
Attributes and Skills
• A strong understanding of Corporate Governance standards.
• Strong leadership skills with excellent verbal and written communication.
• Business minded, strategic thinker with high integrity.
• Commitment to continuous improvement.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and a detailed CV no later than 28 March 2022
Postal and Physical Address:
The Administration Manager
Heath Professions Authority of Zimbabwe
7 Ross Avenue, Belgravia
P.O. Box A410. Avondale, HARARE
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.