Recently launched, the Private Banking Club Bulawayo requires the services of an aggressive Team Leader who will be responsible for leading and spearheading the growth and profitability of the branch. The ideal candidate should be able to effectively manage and drive customer growth, product uptake, superior customer experience , distribution channels, staff, and support services. The role is also responsible for aggressively developing business within acceptable risk, regulation, legal and compliance framework.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
• Develops, implements and monitors Branch Sales & Distribution initiatives so as to maximize profitability.
• Responsible for external networking and relationship building with key door openers.
• Ensures growth in customer numbers, assets, liabilities, and income so as to achieve branch profitability.
• Ensures expansion of customer relationships through cross selling initiatives.
• Ensures business strategies/sales campaigns/marketing initiatives are executed by monitoring sales performance and timelines so that profitability is increased.
• Generates daily, weekly and monthly reports on branch performance and provides recommendations to improve performance.
2. CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT
• Builds collaborative relationships with stakeholders through
interactions at branch and community events.
• Responsible for customer relationship management & client service management by promptly resolving queries and complaints.
• Identifies opportunities for new products and services, to address customer needs and untapped customer segments.
• Promote adoption of digital channels by customers.
• Build, maintain and improve efficient service level related operations and processes.
3. RISK MANAGEMENT AND INTERNAL CONTROLS
• Ensures conformance of branch staff to processes and procedures so that operational requirements are met
• Determine and ensure adherence to policy, service levels, controls and checks.
• Ensure Risk management practices are enforced
• Management of credit, operational and market risk.
4. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
• Responsible for branch staff management through ensuring high quality, trained and motivated staff are selected and retained to support the business objectives.
• Responsible for performance management, including coaching and mentorship of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management.
• Manage contracted staff activities.
• Employee leadership, motivation and career planning.
• Employee personal, sales coaching and development training.
5. MEET FINANCIAL TARGETS
• Agree annually, manage and be responsible for all components of the branch budget.
Qualifications And Experience
Skills and Competencies:
• Demonstrated ability to lead a sales and service culture environment.
• Demonstrated high levels of technical knowledge related to this role.
• Take responsibility and accountability for completion of tasks.
• Have excellent planning and organizing skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation & analytical skills
• Efficient time management.
• Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done.
• Confident and resilient.
• Leadership qualities – natural leader and team player with strong influencing skills.
• Maturity and credibility.
• Ability to understand and meet customer needs.
• Ability to cross and up sells products and services to customers.
• Excellent interpersonal management and relationship building skills
• High level of market intelligence
Job Related Knowledge
• Knowledge of the legal and regulatory issues typical
for the country banking system.
• Ability to understand main aspects of a financial institution’s operations, including strategy, product/services design, credit risk management, credit underwriting, collections, etc.
• Good understanding of back office operations, settlements, reconciliations and payments.
• Sound knowledge of digital products and services.
• Analyze and interpret MIS reports and take action as appropriate.
• Ensure good quality of lending, as measured by losses and provisions for bad debts and fraud.
• Yearly, monthly and weekly sales activity planning for the branch.
• Sales controlling, monitoring, analyzing, taking actions by using appropriate and standard tools.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Relevant Business Degree or equivalent
• IOBZ Diploma/ International Academy of Retail Banking qualification is a must
• 4+ years of Retail Banking experience, managing a performing branch.
• Excellent knowledge of retail banking products and sales processes across multiple channels as well as good understanding of risk management and procedures.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.co.zw with the Heading:
“Team Leader- Private Banking Club (Bulawayo)” or hand deliver to Human Capital Administration offices. APPOINTMENTS WILL
BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 01 February 2022 @ 1630hrs