To perform safe male circumcision (both surgical and device) by utilising professional fine surgical skills, giving adequate counselling, coordinating activities with other team players and stakeholders.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Conducts aseptic procedure at the operation site, administers local anaesthesia.
• Performs the surgical cutting of the foreskin using the specific technique according to WHO standards.
• Uses diathermy or ligation to achieve haemostasis and performs surgical suture on wounds according to surgical standards.
• Ensures proper application of wound dressing after procedure.
• Conducts scheduled and unscheduled reviews of circumcised clients.
• Administers post-operative analgesia, collects social, medical, family history of client and conducts vital observations.
• Performs physical examinations of client and obtains an informed consent.
Checks if client is eligible for chosen method, identifies urological deformities and refers for specialist treatment.
• Conducts screening and treatment of STIs, performs WHO clinical staging on HIV positive clients.
• Integrates clients into the PSH network of services and identifies and refers all other medical conditions to respective clinicians.
• Performs standard QC (quality checks) daily, offers pre-test and post-test counselling.
• Performs the HIV test using approved algorithm by MoHCC.
• Issues results in a professional manner and refers and links to care and treatment.
• Ensures safety of clients before, during and after the circumcision procedure.
• Ensures a high level of emergency preparedness is in place at the workstation.
• Checks the client’s identity against all documents provided.
• Uses diathermy properly observing the principles of diathermy use.
• Ensures the right drug, right route, right dose is given to client.
• Discards contraindicated conditions prior to procedure.
• Educates all ancillary staff on operational conduct in theatre.
• Conducts baseline vital observations before procedure and after procedure.
• Prevents, minimizes the occurrence of and manages any adverse events.
Explains and demonstrates Male Circumcision procedure in detail, proper condom uses and outlines the benefits of Male Circumcision.
• Educates on wound care and provides information on FP services and VIAC services.
• Encourages a culture of health seeking behavior amongst men.
• Observes stock control using FEFO system.
• Assists in report writing daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly.
• Assists in the induction of new staff members.
• Participates in data quality audits (DQASs).
• Supervises and mentors’ ancillary staff in the field.
• Sensitizes the organization, the public on the VMMC program and integrated services.
• Plans and implement scheduled VMMC sensitization meetings.
• Conducts outreach activities targeting workplace, schools, churches, and targeted populations.
• Participates in events with other stakeholders.
• Implements, monitors, and evaluates the impact of each activity.
Qualifications And Experience
• Diploma in General Nursing a prerequisite.
• Trained Midwife or Theatre Nurse with at least three years’ experience.
• Qualified and experience in HIV related counselling of at least three years.
• Certified and experienced in HIV rapid testing.
• Highly motivated and dedicated person.
• Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe with valid practicing certificate.
How To Apply
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for, under view more information.
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Applications should be shared not later than February 18, 2022.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.